The first Mobile World Congress Americas event is a wrap – and it was a huge success!
Mobile World Congress Americas 2017, held in San Francisco during September 12-14, came to an end. It welcomed more than 21,000 attendees from around the globe, who joined GMSA during this unique and prestigious event.
It featured cutting-edge exhibition, a robust agenda of conference sessions, summits & seminars, partner programs and exclusive networking events.
There were six core congress themes grouped under the central theme called The Tech Element, which helped assistants find the topics and interests they were looking for.
- Consumer IoT
- Content & Media
- Everything Policy
- The Fourth Industrial Revolution
- Sustainable Development
All attendees were able to witness how products and services connected to mobile devices could dramatically improve the lives of citizens and companies around the world with immersive, innovative, and practical presentations.
During the 3-day event, Intraway successfully showcased its Symphonica Mobile Service Activator solution. Our experts greeted CEOs, executives, and senior leaders from the largest and most influential software companies, looking to decrease their time to market, increase operational cash flow and significantly reduce new service deployment complexities.
- Keynotes were delivered by CEOs and executives in full-packed rooms and dealt with a variety of topics, ranging from Augmented Reality, IoT, Virtual Reality, 5G & NFV, Marketing and Analytics for Apps and Mobile Solutions.
- At the event’s opening keynote, Federal Communications Commission (FCC) chairman Ajit Pai described the advent of 5G as a “the breakthrough we have all been waiting for,” and “the most concerning point we see is that investment in wireless networks was reduced significantly in 2016”.
- Women4Tech has been conceived as a program to respond constructively to the persistent and increasing gender gap in the mobile industry. Apart from including the Women4Tech Summit, speed coaching, and networking events, it also offered thorough and critical analysis of the topics that should shape gender diversity in the mobile industry.
- Due to its success during Mobile World Congress Barcelona and Mobile World Congress Shanghai, the 4YFN program made its first appearance in the Americas. It provides startups, investors, companies, and public institutions with the opportunity of connecting and setting up profitable ventures together. 4YFN also featured a competition between 15 startup finalists, and Mobipromo, from Hong Kong, China, was awarded the first 4YFN Americas Awards 2017.
Mobile World Congress Americas in Numbers
- 3-day event
- 200+ speakers
- 1000+ showcasing companies
- 140 startups
- 21000 attendees
- 2400 CEOs
- 39 hours of content
- 300+ media and industry analysts
“With its leadership in entertainment and content, along with flourishing creative and innovation communities, Los Angeles offers an outstanding platform for us to further develop Mobile World Congress Americas. This location will put a major focus on the intersection of the mobile, digital, entertainment and content worlds and will provide new opportunities for our exhibitors, sponsors, partners, and attendees,” stated John Hoffman, CEO, GSMA Ltd.
For more 2017 Mobile World Congress Americas highlights, check out our Twitter!