The Future of Cable Business Services, the premier one-day conference that focuses on the latest, most significant trends in the commercial services market, will take place on November 30 in New York City.
This event, organized by Light Reading, will cover the current initiatives and strategies that operators are trying in order to gain new business customers. Primarily, the conference will explore cable’s growing attempts “to expand beyond the small-business market to midsized and large enterprises, along with the various innovative technologies that MSOs are deploying to serve the commercial sector more effectively”.
The Future of Cable Business Services 2017 Venue
The event will be held at the Westin Times Square, located at 270 W 43rd St New York, NY 10036
In a series of keynotes, panels, and workshops, the Future of Cable Business Services 2017 will discuss vital topics such as cable’s pursuit of the enterprise market, the mobility challenge, virtualizing commercial services and functions, new Ethernet services like SD-WAN, network security obstacles, and wireless offerings for businesses.
Intraway’s CTO, Steve Marsh, will join Torryon Coleman (Vice President, Technology Integration, WOW!), Gunnar Peters (Senior Director, Emerging Networks, Spectrum Enterprise) and Warren Wu (Senior Director, Product Marketing – Cloud Security, Fortinet) in Panel III: Virtualizing Commercial Services.
Moderated by Carol Wilson, from Light Reading, they will discuss the traction gained by software-defined networking (SDN) and network functions virtualization (NFV).
In this session, they will focus on:
- industry’s early trials and pilot programs with SDN and NFV,
- the business use cases they’re exploring
- the results they’re seeing so far
- the challenges they must still overcome to make virtualization a reality
Install DIA over GPON Demo
If you are interested in a practical demonstration, stop by our table and watch us install a complex Direct Internet Access (DIA) service over GPON in just a few minutes. With our solutions – Symphonica Service Activator, and TWizard, our field technician application for ONT installations – you can shave days off your installation process. Say goodbye to swivel chair provisioning, installation errors, and new business and residential customers calling in wondering when their service will be installed.
While you are at the conference, take some time to get to know the city. Here are a few recommendations for places to visit, where to eat and have fun near the Westin Times Square.
- Carlo’s Bakery (625 8th Avenue at 42nd St.) Carlo’s Bakery, featured on the TLC Cake Boss, is known for our delicious pastries, desserts & cakes.
- Carmine’s Italian Restaurant: (200 West 44th St.) Carmine’s is an Italian restaurant in New York that stands out especially for its large servings: antipasti, pasta, meats, fish, etc.
- Shake Shack: (8th Avenue & 44th St.) Modern day version of a roadside burger stand serving delicious burgers, chicken, hot dogs, shakes, frozen custard, beer, wine & more.
- Madame Tussauds: (234 W. 42nd St.) The Madame Tussauds wax museum New York opened in November 2000 with five floors of attraction space and over 200 figures; it immediately became a must-visit in New York City.
Enjoy the conference!